We explore why Peru is one of the most popular Latin American countries for Scott Dunn guests, from the adventurers to be found to the best way to get there.
Our top 10 reasons to travel to Peru…
1. Peru is fast becoming one of the world’s leading culinary destinations. The cuisine is innovative and delicious and features some amazing seafood dishes, such as the ever-popular ceviche.
2. There are some amazing train journeys taking in the beautiful landscapes and rolling plains of the magnificent Andes. One of the highlights is the famous Hiram Bingham train that takes you in true style and elegance to the iconic site of Machu Picchu.
3. The open-air markets are full of colour and life and you will find a wide variety of things on sale, from beautiful hand-crafted pottery to vibrant textiles and livestock.
4. Take a voyage of a lifetime sailing down the earth’s mightiest river, the Amazon, on the luxury M/V Aqua. An unforgettable journey where experienced naturalist guides take you along remote tributaries deep into the Peruvian rainforest.
5. The awe-inspiring Inca ruins; from the incredible site of Machu Picchu, with an amazing setting and shrouded in mystery, to the lesser known but equally fascinating site of Choquequirao, reached by trekking through remote forest in the high Andes.
6. Peru is a fantastic destination for that first family adventure – it is an adventurer’s heaven with rafting, trekking, canoeing, mountain biking, horse riding, paddle boarding and more on offer.
7. The famous Belmond group has hotels throughout Peru, meaning you can stay in luxury and comfort in properties full of charm and character.
8. Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world where the snow-capped Andes, often cloaked in an ethereal mist, are a spectacular backdrop against the vivid blue waters.
9. Lima is one of the most up and coming cities in the Americas, with a vibrant arts scene, fascinating museums and two of the top 50 restaurants in Latin America
10. Getting to Peru is simple, with daily 16-hour flights on offer from the UK, via Madrid, with British Airways and Iberia.
Find more information about Peru on our website scottdunn.com or call one of our Latin America Consultants on 020 8682 5030